Monday, July 16, 2018

Yosemite, 2018

Breathtaking sunset from our Yosemite campsite.

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday messages, it made my day to hear from new and old friends alike!

I would have responded sooner, but I was backpacking with the boys in Yosemite for the last 5 days and had no phone signal.  We collected some amazing memories, photos, and unfortunately smells :)


I need a caption please!


We made ‘ooohs’ and ‘aaaahs’ like we were watching fireworks when approaching each alpine lake more stunning than the last.

Our swimming hole for the last two days.

We hiked to Roosevelt Lake to get away from the crowds of Upper Young Lake.  By crowds, I mean the only other backpacking group we met at altitude during the whole trip :)

Upper Young Lake.

The marshlands near Roosevelt Lake.

Some people travel the world to see tall waterfalls, but the one-foot ones are a lot easier to photograph :)

My mind kept drifting to Prince’s lyrics “an ocean of violets in bloom” each time we came across a field of amazing wildflowers.

Thank you delightful wildflowers.

I needed NASA designed ultra-light space age materials to complete the trek … Craig needed only a scrap of tarp and a mosquito net!

No comments:

Post a Comment