Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cozumel 2017

A way-back-when-photo of Rich and my first dive trip together
Rich and I just completed our dive trip to Cozumel.  We swam with sharks, turtles, eagle rays, and countless fishies.  I saw my first octopus on our night dive.  Rich and I watched him scurry upon the ocean floor on its nocturnal hunt for so long, we lost contact with the rest of our dive group.  We swam through the inky blackness waving our little flashlights around until we found our group a few minutes later; it was kind of a rush to wonder if we would have to surface solo a half hour boat ride from the shore in total darkness.  When we finally did ascend as a group, we turned off our lights and bobbed in the toasty waters while star gazing the impossibly bright Milky Way.

Ginormous flag in central Cozumel
While on the island, we stayed at an all-inclusive resort called Iberostar.  This was the first time I traveled chichi on purpose.  The resort was gorgeous and the staff were the most attentive and hardworking I have ever seen.  Each day we walked around the manicured grounds to watch flamingos, iguanas, and peacocks frisk about.  Although I loved the property and staff, I had very little in common with the clientele, so I don’t plan on traveling all-inclusive again anytime soon.

Our technicolor hobbit homes
I have been studying Spanish each day and have upped my linguistics game a bit.  I can now sound like a confused 3-year-old in 4 different verb tenses … sometime hard fought victories are very subtle :)


I’m back in California tonight and look forward to catching up with friends soon!




Each day we watched the flamingos honk and battle over mud sifting rights

I’ve seen towel swans before, but it was a treat to get a towel dinosaur

I’m not good at reading emotions, but I think Rich was enjoying himself …

Always happy to be on a beach


Hard to capture how delightful the last sunset on the beach was …

No comments:

Post a Comment